Legacy Sedan Diffuser
The Legacy Sedan Diffuser is a perfect fit for all 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 Subaru Legacy Models
Below are detailed installation instructions for Subaru Legacy Sedan applications.
- First start off by assembling your diffuser. All bends on the fins will face the inside. The
bend on the main panel will go up to reduce drag when installed. The outside fins will
have a slot that goes around the mounting holes. The square in the middle is for the OEM
tow hook to fit through.
- Jack vehicle up and support with jack
stands securely. Remove two factory
pop clips from bumper near the
- Insert 1” long ¼”-20 bolts through holes and fasten nut with washer and lock washer so
it’s tight in the hole. You may need to adjust a little so it lines up with the holes on the
- Remove the back bolt in the heat shield above the mufflers with a 10mm socket or
- Install provided bracket using the same
screw. The bracket tab should be facing the
outside of the vehicle and the bottom side
should be facing the center of the vehicle.
Do not tighten yet.
- Once your brackets are in ,bolts installed in the front and diffuser assembled you are
now ready to install the main section.
- Using the bolts up front line up the two holes in the diffuser and fasten the included
washers and nuts. Wait to tighten.
- Attach the brackets in the back holes.
- Now go through and tighten all remaining bolts and screws.
- Side fins will line up with holes already in lower panel. Use included hardware to attach
side fins. The bend should be facing the inside of the vehicle.
[media-downloader media_id=”472″ texts=”You can also download instructions here.”]
Professional Installation Recommended on all ESC Fabrication’s products.